Purchasing a retinal scanner door lock offers many security benefits to homeowners and business owners. Unfortunately, crime statistics are only rising, with statistics showing that a burglary occurs every 15 seconds today.
Approximately 2/3 of those burglaries involve residential properties and in many cases, they occur when an individual was in the home.
For this reason, keeping a home or business secure is essential and the installation of a biometric door lock, such as a retinal device , is an excellent option to consider.
Here is a closer look at the retinal scanner door device, the benefits it offers and some helpful tips for purchasing one.
Understanding Biometric Door Locks
Before purchasing a retinal scanning device, it’s important to understand biometrics and how it works. These locks differ from regular locks because they use biometric information to unlock the device instead of a key.
Some biometric locks use a biometrics face scan, others use fingerprints and some even use a retinal scanner. Since biometric data is used to allow access, security and convenience are both improved. These locks also reduce the risk that keys can be unknowingly duplicated.
Pros and Cons to Consider
A iris scanner door lock comes with many excellent benefits; although, a couple disadvantages need to be considered as well. Most consumers find that the pros of these devices far outweigh the cons. Two of the main pros to purchasing these locks convenience and improved security for your home.
Another benefit is that these options are so easy to use as well. Even children can easily learn to use them effectively. Many people enjoy improved peace of mind when using biometric locks for their home, since they don’t have to worry as much about a break-in.
One of the cons to consider is the price of an eye scanner. These locks are more expensive than key locks; however, the improvement in security makes them well worth the investment. Another potential problem that power failure can cause a problem, which is why it’s important to ensure that a backup system is in place to take care of that issue if power failure should occur.
Top Tips for Purchasing an Eye Scanner Door Lock
Now that you’re aware of all a retinal scanner door lock has to offer, you may be wondering how to choose and purchase the right one for your needs. The following are a few purchasing tips that can help.
- Tip #1 – Consider Accuracy – When buying a retina scanner lock, accuracy is definitely important. Find out about the accuracy of the device and ensure you choose one that is highly accurate for the best function.
- Tip #2 – Keep Backup Measures in Mind – There may be a time when you need to use backup measures to open the device, which is an important consideration when you’re ready to choose a biometric security device. Look for locks that come with battery backup so it still works if powerful failure occurs. A backup key or code may be a good option in some cases as well.
- Tip #3 – Element Protection – Since the lock will be outdoors, it’s important to keep element protection in mind. Sliding covers and other protection measures can help keep your lock out of view and well protected.
- Tip #4 – Don’t Forget About Style – Since the retinal device will be used on the outside of your home, many people find that style is important as well when choosing a retinal scanner door lock. These retinal locks come with many different finishes and design, so choose something that matches the style of your door.
- Tip #5 – Compare Prices – Don’t forget to compare prices before making the final purchase. The prices of these retinal locks can vary greatly. Taking a bit of time to compare prices can help you save a substantial amount of money.
Keep these tips in mind as you begin shopping for the right retinal scanner door lock. Once you make your purchase, ensure the device is installed correctly and then you can enjoy all the benefits adding biometric security devices to your home can offer.
Return to top of Retinal Scanner Door Lock
Download your Free copy of The